PO From Invoice - Not only from SO

207 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminReshma (Community Manager, Zoho Corporation) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • N.Rausch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So its been "Under Review" for 4 years now. When is it coming?

-or- are you guys just going to ignore this post, as usual?

• N.Rausch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to be able to create PO from Estimates and/or Invoices. We do NOT USE Sales Orders and never will. A ton of time and double entry is wasted without this feature. Need Desperately please!! Not having this is the one thing making us consider QB Online over Zoho!

• Susan Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, when creating the PO from Invoice, copy the Description field to the Invoice as well as the item name/code.

• Sumesh Wilfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create PO from Invoice is a must have feature.Make new invoice and select the purchase orders to create invoice. Items with qty should appear in Invoice.
    Currently we are doing the same task twice!!!

• Mr Bean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awww, c'mon Zoho guys, under review since Feb 2015 !!!
    Surely the amount of votes is enough to get this implemented ?

• JPQuinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! We need to be able to create purchase orders from Estimates and/or Invoices. This would eliminate the hassle of using Sales Orders to link purchase orders to an invoices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we also do not use SO's - really need to be able to create purchase order from invoice.

Sales orders are not required by a lot of retailers, we invoice & take part or full payment at the time of sale.
    These sales can consist of a mixture of stocked items & items to be ordered.
    Retail customers do not want different sales order plus invoices they want the entire order on one document !

• Mr Bean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review since feb 2015 - wow, should be a simple job as it can be done from sales orders, this would help sway me to convert from Quickbooks online !

• Michel Nauwelaers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the PO creation from Estimate. For small companies that do not want to use the SO this makes more sense. It would be great to be able to create multiple PO's from one Estimate as some items should be ordered at Supplier A and others at Supplier B. This could be set on Item level.
    (I have no direct need to create a PO from an invoice as the goods are mostly invoiced after they have been delivered.)

One of the main reasons we are using Zoho Books is because of it Sales order feature, which most other Accounting software do not have.

• mani jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

either SO shall be allowed to copy into Purchase order at line item level, this reduces manual entry or import task in purchase order.

• Rodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no reason to create a SO other than to create the PO. Robert is correct. Skip the SO

Feedback and Knowledge Base