Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

347 results found

1. Future Revenue reporting

There is no feature to enable a report of future revenue forecasting. Many of my contracts are multi-phase deliverables with revenue milestones. For example, I may have a $100,000 contract with 4 milestone deliveries each with $25,000 revenue item. I would like to be able to schedule these future invoices in Zoho and have a report that shows not just past invoices paid / sent but planned invoices grouped by month going forward. Please let me know if this is possible.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. TOTAL GST AMOUNT IN WORDS

Kindly add total gst amt in words same as total amount in words.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. packing list

hello
    i have started using the zoho invoice, in the packing lit option, it generates a single page packing list,
    my concern is we have items in thousands, our invoice is made of like 100s of items, all items can not be packed in same box, so we have to pack to products in multiple boxes,
    at the present i am preparing packing list in excel but i need to get this feature in zoho invoice.
    also there should be an option for net weight, gross weight, dimensions of the boxes

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow timesheet entry with zero time

I understand the benefit of requiring a valid time value for timesheet entries, but I've run into several instances where the number zero should be a valid entry (yet it fails validation).

Perfect example: I took yesterday off and would like an entry documenting the fact that I didn't work, and the reason why. It would be extremely handy in the future when auditing timesheets to know there is missing time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. See exactly who opened an invoice

Currently, we can only see that "customer viewed invoice" as opposed to which contact viewed it (unless viewed via the portal). It is important to be able to see exactly who viewed the invoice and when, even if they view it multiple times.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to delete a contact person from a recurring invoice

Be able to delete a contact person from a recurring invoice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ron,

If you wish to remove a particular contact person from receiving the emails of a recurring invoice profile, you can just edit the recurring invoice, remove his/her email address from the “Email To” section at the bottom and save the changes.

Once this is done, that contact person alone will not receive emails of the invoices created from that profile thereafter.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
    Reshma.

7. FACTURATION A L'AVANCEMENT

Nous aurions besoin de facturer à l'avancement avec un pourcentage affecté sur chaque poste du devis.

Dès lors, chaque devis validé doit être facturable en plusieurs fois et chaque nouvelle facture doit pouvoir déduire automatiquement le montant total facturé (cumul des factures passées).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make activation of client while creating invoice

Often I am sending invoices, and sometimes it is an inactive customer... but when I FINISH creating the invoice, it won't send or even save as draft until active, which I just realized AFTER it is done. Would be great not to have to recreate invoice after activating since no way to save it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

We would like to clarify that, once a contact has been marked ’Inactive", it is not possible to create any kind of transaction for that client.

In the Contacts tab, if you choose that contact, you can only see the “Mark as active” option. Only if it is chosen, you can have further transactions with him/her.

Also, inactive customers won’t be listed while creating transactions.

If you need our assistance on this, just write back to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com :)

Cheers,
    Reshma.

9. ONE screen should display ALL records – Invoice, Credit Note, Retainer invoice

– and allow the user to filter the ones they want to see

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The leftbar (the leftmost pane) of the Zoho Invoice interface lists the different modules like Contacts, Items, Invoices, Estimates etc.,, giving you the option to access any module at any time. Moreover, if you would not require a particular module, say ‘Estimates’, you also have the option to hide it under Settings > Preferences > General.

We also understand that the need to view all the transactions of one particular customer and that’s exactly why we have provided the “Sales” section in the contact details page of each client.

If you have any further queries, you can reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are really sorry that you weren’t able to access your Zoho Invoice organization. Actually, we have responded to you through our support portal. We shall get in touch with you today and make sure you stay on top of your business :)

Regards,
    Reshma.

11. pied de page

Possibilité d'insérer un pied de page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Salut,

Si votre demande consiste à insérer un contenu de bas de page sur vos factures, vous pouvez très bien l’insérer dans Paramètres> Modèles> Factures> Modifier> Pied de page> “Personnaliser le contenu de votre pied de page”

Si cela ne vous aide pas, n’hésitez pas à écrire un courriel à support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com
    -——————————————————————————————-
    English translation:

Hi there,

If your requirement is to insert a footer content to your invoices, you can very well insert it under Settings > Templates > Invoices > Edit > Footer > "Customize your footer content’

If this doesn’t help, please feel free to write an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

12. Ability to sort invoices by "payment method"

Currently, there is no feature to allow sorting by "payment method". This is really helpful in determining how much of a business is run on cash or credit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

Since the invoices can be both paid and unpaid (leave alone the draft and void ones), it would not be possible to sort invoices based on the payment mode.

However, the payments listed in the “Payments Received” section can be sorted based on the payment mode.

Kindly try this and let us know if it helps.

Regards,
    Reshma.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeff,

In the email preview page, if you press the Enter key, it would only place the cursor in the next line of the text area. Only if the “Tab” key is used and the mouse position is changed to the “Send” button, hitting the “Enter” key would send the email.

Having said that, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com so that we can assist you better.

Regards,
    Reshma.

14. latefee

I'm sure you've heard it before, but an automatic or manual invoice update, emailed with a late fee, would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum. You can make use of the “custom function” automation and add late fee to your overdue invoices.

We have shared the sample code to create this custom function. Kindly refer “Scenario 2” in this link:

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-scenarios.html#custom-functions

If you need any assistance in setting this up, you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

15. Apart from normal Discount, there is one more line for additional discount colomn.

Apart from Normal Discount on MRP, one more line for Additional discount, if any.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If you wish to include a discount in addition to the default discount field present, you can make use of the “Adjustment” field.

For instance, if you wish to apply an additional discount of, say 10$, you can just enter “-10” (Minus 10) in the “Adjustment” field and the invoice amount will be reduced by 10. You also have the option of renaming the field as you wish.

In case you do not have this field while creating the invoice, kindly enable it under Settings > Preferences > General.

Regards,
    Reshma.

16. Transport detail

Transport detail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

It would be great if you could drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com explaining your requirement so that our support team can get in touch with you!

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Reshma.

17. Automation based on template

I would like to assign automated payment reminders (and overdue) for specific templates used. Ex. we invoice for several different company's each requiring their own invoicing and payment structure. Company A using A template, wants automated reminders sent every week and past due send 1 day after due date, company b using B template doesn't want any reminders sent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jacque,

We totally agree that it would be nice to have reminders customized at customer-level and I shall let the team know about it.

For the specific scenario you’ve mentioned, we would like to offer a workaround. If a customer doesn’t want any reminders to be sent, you can use the “Stop all reminders” option for that customer alone. Kindly take a look at this link:

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/contacts/contact-actions.html#stop-reminder

We believe this would help you to some extent :)

If you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Cheers,
    Reshma.

18. 2 tax request

I use the free invoice version.
    I entered the tax rates in the settings (taxes).

I have inserted the article that does not include VAT tax,
    but I can not put another 2 taxes that are deducted from the total taxable amount

thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Marco,

We presume you would like to have a way to include both taxable and non-taxable items in the same invoice and deduct the tax amount only from the taxable items. If so, that is totally possible in Zoho Invoice.

To get in touch with us regarding this (if our presumption is wrong, you can explain it to us too), please drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

19. Job description on email invoice

I always send invoices and estimates to my inbox for final review before sending to clients. There is no indication of the address of work done on invoice. other then the number, it would be good to have a field at top of email with full job description for myself and multiple mail outs to same client to make accounting easier and faster. I do work for real estate agencies, who multiple task many jobs at once, at present there is no indication on email which job is which. re Tim

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tim,

We believe “custom fields” can help you with this requirement. Apart from the default fields that the system offers (like invoice date, number etc.,), you can create additional fields, which can be filled while creating the invoice and even displayed in the invoice PDF.

To create a custom field, please navigate to Settings > Preferences > Invoices > Custom fields + New custom field.

In case you’ve tried this out but it doesn’t meet your requirement, feel free to drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

20. Categorisation of Invoices

How about having categories in Invoices?

E.g. If we have decide to differentiate invoices based on departments / services or say locations, then there should be an option to view them separately.

Say we can assign tags to the invoices and have diff views based on those tags in addition to the existing vertical view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 17 18