I suggest you ...

item search

Would be nice if you can include a comprehensive search feature for Items specially. Example the items should be searchable with any word in the item description

224 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • nisar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can contact customer support and they will enable "contains search" feature for your organization. I was almost decided not to buy zoho due to this and tried asking them why it's not there and they enabled it for me. such a basic feature they still not giving by default! :(

• nisar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

finding items during billing is difficult due to poor search features... software like tally ignores -, space, etc and shows more results... please solve this search issues...we have more than 1200+ items to search and showing results based on any keyword from item name or description would be a great feature to have..

• oscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When trying to reconcile many transactions (such as when you have imported a bank statement) you may have many transactions from or to the same place i.e. suppliers or customers.

A very simple, but vital requirement would be to just be able to search the transaction 'Description'. Currently, (using the advanced search) you can only search the 'Reference', but in the UK (for example) they do not provide a reference, only a description, therefore you have to manual go through each of the entries and locate the same ones which takes forever.

Strangely, using the search option at the top seems to search the description but only for categorised entries, even if this was updated to search uncategorised as well it would help enormously!

• Claudine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously guys, this is such a basic feature!!! Please implement ASAP! What has happened since the request was made on June 1, 2015... more than 3 years later?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These needs to occur asap, and can you advise when this will be resolved?
        I would have thought it would have been factored in from day 1

• Mohammad Shaltaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is basic but essential feature
        Our sales manager pushing not to move from Quickbooks because of this limitation!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is important. it's also on a lot of other threads. this seems quite high on 140. ZOHO MODERATORS AND DEVELOPMENT / FEEDBACK PEOPLE should be trawling these forums to combine such things. I am tempted to start a campaign to bring the threads under one, but not really my job...!! :)

• Jerry Zhang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seem like Zoho doesn't really care to spend time developing these operation critical "fixes" as it has been 2 + years sicne it was first mentioned and I am not sure if I want to jump in the Zoho boat anymore....

• Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical functionality for us - makes finding products a challenge when creating an invoice

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with all, in our case from this problem depends our choose to use or not the product with so many goods to manage

• Mitch Sayers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! There is another thread about searching for transactions via description - cannot do this - an absolute weakness that seems easy to fix!

• Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all comments.
        We have to had to windows open one with invoice and the other with item as search on item is more powerful. Then copy the item and paste in the invoice.... some people even write it down as!!

• Patrick B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree with the comments on this item. This is by far my biggest issue with Zoho invoicing and it seems so simple to fix, just search the whole name against all parts of the string the user types in.

• Ryan G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the item search to be unpredictable. I haven't documented my findings but it just seems like when searching for an item it is hit and miss.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is greatly needed by us as well. With over 1100 products, this is a deal breaker for us as it is too time consuming to scroll through that many products to find what your looking for.Kind of curious why this was made that way in the first place as it seems a standard comprehensive search would have been easier to implement for the entire field.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base