Allow usability for German market / Enter German market
Zoho books is not usable as a book keeping software in Germany.
- One typically report monthly your VAT to the authorities via the ELSTER link. This is needed to know how much tax you have to pay. - Many German companies work on a monthly basis with their tax advisor, for which one needs a DATEV-link.
- Full integration of the local bank transaction stanrdards
- The accounting is done here typically with certain standard accounts (Standardkontenrahmen SKR).
- The yearly financial disclosure (Jahresabschluss) follows different standards.
- Moreover, as a full bookkeeping software zoho books would need to allow depreciation/amortization (Abschreibungen) according to the German tax law (Steuerrecht) / business law (Handelsrecht). This would only be necessary if you want to substitute the tax adviser (only realistic for midsize companies)
Can't understand why you don't want to enter the most important European market!
Is there anything new to this issue?
Currently we are implementing zoho for our company and are facing the same issues mentioned in 2016.
Is there a solution to be able to use zoho for a German company in the German market?
We can not even track our tax payments and match these with the correct bank statements. Neither can we connect our bank account in general.
If that’s not possible we need to switch zoho.
Tobias Löbhard commented
...and finally, DATEV Export is in Zoho Marketplace:
Tobias Löbhard commented
I implemented a web application for an easy and complete DATEV export for Zoho Books and Expense. I've already implemented it for a few customers and it's currently in review process for Zoho Marketplace. If you need more information, just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
I've also supported a few customers with mapping SKR04 and SKR03 to the correct Zoho Accounts.
For myself I've integrated my bank with a little application. If the demand is there, I could also build it in a more general way - but currently customers with those issues do the import manually.
Same for ELSTER VAT declaration - I've done it for myself, if there's more demand, it could be done as a general solution. Two customers have already requested.
"Jahresabschluss" can be done by manual journals / Zoho Analytics. But you need to know what to do.
"Abschreibungen" can be done by manual journals - but you need to keep track of all your goods on your own.
Any comments here from the ZOHO team? Please allow the usage of ZOHO Books for the German market
Carsten Brinkschulte commented
Cant agree more - we really need Datev support in Germany. Literally all tax advisors use it.
Alexander Flieger commented
Is there a link to "Datev Unternehmen online"? That would be so great.
Otherwise my accountant keeps printing hundreds of papers for hours every month.
That's not my idea of digitalization.... ;-)
Best and keep up your good work with Zoho books! George.
I totally agree...
is there already a DATEV Link in ZoHo?
Austin Dimmer commented
This would be great. I need this now!!
Guys, anything new on this topic? We would love to see the points (mentioned above) for the German market... There is a huge potential for your application!