I suggest you ...

Default Account for Vendors

Default Account for Vendors set on the Contacts (Vendor) so that when I am recording a bill and I select this vendor, the Account defaults to the Account set on the Vendor details. This will reduce errors of using wrong accounts on vendor bills

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ken shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • C.Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we need this. My company is transitioning from Quickbooks to Zoho books and despite all of the 'hype' at how Zoho is highly customizable, I find that simple things like this 'can't be done.'

In Quickbooks we can select an expense account to prefill when we enter bills for vendors. This saves time and like Ken says, will reduce errors.

Zoho - Can we make this happen??

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really surprised there is only one vote for this since 2016. Maybe Ken and I are doing something wrong. Or maybe it should be combined with another feature request somewhere. Honestly I saw 15+ pages on this search so I hope forum moderations can link as apt!!

I think my thought is very slightly different to Ken's but directly related and support this idea.

During categorisation...Choose Vendor...Default Account comes up. Could be other details too but account is probably the most consistent for a Vendor. Saves time as well as accuracy as Ken sensibly suggests.

Feedback and Knowledge Base