Skip to content

Zoho Expense

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Expense, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoexpense.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. Enable partial application of advance payment recorded

Example: If advance recorded for Rs.1000 and actual claim is Rs.900 then he should be able to apply a partial advance of Rs. 900 for that claim and remaining 100 should remain in his advance credit. Currently if the person is claiming an advance of Rs.1000 against Rs.900 then the report becomes -100 and extra amount is being remain unaccounted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharat,

We do have Advance Carry forward feature in Zoho Expense. After the approval of an expense report, you have to record its reimbursement. This will give you an option to record the settlement of the advance payment that was given to the employee as well.

You may record a refund or record a carry forward for the balance advance amount with the employee. This will also be reflected automatically in Zoho Books. Recording a carry forward for the balance amount will maintain that amount in his advance credit.

Now, coming to your case, if the person is claiming an advance of Rs. 1000 against an expense report of Rs. 900, when you record the expense report reimbursement, you can opt to carry forward the balance advance amount. This will apply the partial advance Rs. 900 to the existing claim and an advance credit of Rs. 100 will be…

2. Move an expense from one report to another

User should be able to tag an expense from one report to another report. Currently, I have to delete the report and generate it again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your suggestion. In Zoho Expense, you would be able to move an expense from one report to another report without deleting the report.

Kindly go to ‘Expenses’ tab > Click on the Expense > Click on ‘Change Report’ > Select the correct report.

Please write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you need any assistance.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

3. Please bring back the Analytics Feature where I could all the reports of a specific user. Why did you remove that?

I cannot see my users from my drop down to run a customized report. Why did you remove it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Naila,

Thank you for posting in our feedback forum.

This was an issue from our end and we have fixed it now. Kindly give it a try and let us know if you are facing any issues.

Feel free to write back to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you need any assistance.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

4. Return Excess Cash Advance

The system must have the capability to record returned money in case part of the cash advance was not spent. This is so that the app will match what's entered in the books.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Expense  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for using our feedback forum.

This feature is already available in Zoho Expense. When you record reimbursement for the expense report, the balance advance amount would be posted as an Employee Advance Refund in Zoho Books.

Hope this clarifies.

Kindly give it a try and let us know if you face any difficulties.

Feel free to write back to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further queries.

Regards,
    Unni
    Zoho Expense

5. Split Expense - Project and Categories

Provide the ability to split corporate card bank feed expenses into different project or expense categories, not just one of each. Sometimes a single credit card purchase may relate to different projects or different expense categories.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Expense  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Split Expense feature is available in Zoho Expense for all the editions except Indian. Once you create the expense, you can click on ‘More’ > ‘Split’ to split the expense transaction into multiple line items.

If you have any questions, kindly reach us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com

Regards,
    Zoho Expense team.

6. Auto Scan feature for multiple language receipts

Receipts in other languages need to be supported by the auto scan feature to create expenses automatically.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available  ·  1 comment  ·  Receipts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offline Support in iOS App

Option for offline uploading of receipts.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Offline support is available in the Zoho Expense iOS application. This was released in one of our 2019 updates. Please reach out to support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

8. Allow manual currency selection by cursor (without Mouse-Click)

In the current version receipt entry system, all options are accessible via keyboard, with the exception of the currency (as well as the date, which is however in most cases already recognised correctly after scanning), for which I have to use a mouse-click each time. Currency is often not recognised correctly (e.g. the autoscan frequently confuses CNY and JPY). The inability to use keyboard to select currency is interrupting to smooth workflow.

Currently I can navigate through the fields with the tab key, select merchant & category by typing first few letters or using cursor keys, but then I can't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Receipts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have done necessary changes from our end to cater this requirement. Now, you would be able to choose the expense currency with the keyboard itself.

Regarding the date selection, we would suggest you to type in the date in the displayed format and use the Tab key. This would assign the expense to the entered date.

Kindly give it a try and let us know if you are facing any issues.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

9. Mail expenses

We're evaluating Zoho expenses. Since 75% of receipts are sent by email, why can't we forward them to a set address, that detects the sender as user, and adds the expense to the report? Other systems such as Rydoo and the Trinet expense app do offer this feature, that really saves time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expense  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Koen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Zoho Expense has ‘email receipts’ feature within the application. Every user would be provided with a Receipt Forwarding Email address and it would be visible on the top right corner of the ‘Receipt Inbox’ module.

The users can forward their receipts to the receipt forwarding email address. We would scan the receipts and create an expense under the user’s Zoho Expense account.

Kindly give it a try and let us know your feedback. You can write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any queries.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team.

10. Parent Category will be unselectable if child exist - only child selectable

I created a parent category for Meals and a child for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. My intention is the users select only a child category (different GL codes) and not the parent. There should be an option to make the parent as an invalid choice and only the child is selectable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If you don’t want your employees to record expenses in the Parent Category, this can be done by creating a custom user role. You can create a custom user role and enable the option ’ Prevent expense creation for the Parent Category’. This user role can be assigned to the users so that, they won’t be allowed to choose the parent category.

Hope this works.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

11. Allow for single receipt to attach to multiple expenses across multiple days...ie hotel receipts

This is similar to itemization feature, however, it is slight different. For example, I stay in a hotel for a week and expense a few meals or something to the room over the week. When I get my folio from the hotel, it will line item charges by day. Therefore, I could have a lodging charge for 1 day while I may also have a meal expensed to the room for that day. Then another day, I have another lodging charge. With the itemization feature, I can break out the charges but I cannot assign a specific date for that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In Zoho Expense, you can Split the expenses by days. Once the expense is created, you can go to the expense > Click on ‘Split’. You can split the expense by days and choose the date range.

Kindly give it a try and I’m sure that it would suit your requirement.

If you need any further assistance, kindly write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

12. Allow split expenses between clients

As a consultant I will serve several clients on a trip. I split expenses accordingly and it would be helpful to have a feature to add multiple clients and the percentage each client should receive for the expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In Zoho Expense, you can Split the expenses by Customers. Once the expense is created, you can go to the expense > Click on ‘Split’. You can split the expense by Field and choose different customers in the split expenses.

If you need any further assistance, kindly write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Split Expense to Various Projects

There are cases when a single purchase is good for multiple projects. It's cumbersome to split expense manually. Expense must have capability to split expense to various projects within the same form.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In Zoho Expense, you can Split the expenses by Customers and then assign the split expense to different projects.

Once the expense is created, you can go to the expense > Click on ‘Split’. You can split the expense by Field and choose the customers in the split expenses. Once the expenses are saved, you can edit them individually and assign them to different projects.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

15. Translate to Portuguese (Brazil)

Please translate Zoho Expense to Brazilian Portuguese (BR).

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are now supporting Brazilian Portuguese in the Zoho Expense web application. The country in the organization profile need to be selected as Brazil and the language as Portuguese for the application to be shown in Brazilian Portuguese.

Kindly write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

16. Marking an Expense Report as Billed and being able to filter reports based on whether they have been billed/unbilled.

This would be extremely helpful for users/companies who bill back expenses to customers. The expense reports would still show the status 'Approved' or 'Reimbursed' but could also show whether the expense report has been billed or not. This feature would only be usable by admin users.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have an option to create a custom status in Zoho Expense. Kindly go to Admin > Settings > Reports > Navigate to ‘Report Custom status’ section to create a status as ‘Billed’.

The custom status may be created for the default statuses ‘Approved’ and ‘Reimbursed’. If you reimburse the employees after you Bill the expenses to the client, you may create the status as Billed and consider it as Approved. That is, once an Expense Report is Approved, you may change its status to Billed and later Reimburse the employee.

If you Bill the client after the employee reimbursement, you may create the custom status ‘Billed’ and consider it as ‘Reimbursed’.

I hope this feature would cater for this requirement. If you have any questions, kindly reach out to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

17. 56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have provided an option to crop the receipt images after capturing them in the Zoho Expense iOS and Android applications. Kindly give it a try and let us know your feed back.

If you have any questions, kindly write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

18. On a restaurant bill separate the tip from the total amount

In Canada, to have the right taxes amount to send or received from the revenu Agency, we have to calculate taxes separated from the tip. So, it could be nice to have a separate field for the tip which will not be included in the taxes calculation.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Receipts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

‘Itemization’ feature is live in Zoho Expense. While recording an expense, you can itemize it into multiple line items and associate different taxes to each item in the expense.

Feel free to write to us at support[@]zohoexpense[dot]com for any further assistance.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

19. Allow refunds to be entered as an expense item in the case of a purchased item being returned to a vendor/retailer

Expenses should be allowed to be negative in the event of a refunded. When this event occurs in the same reporting period the original amount can be adjusted but if a refund is issued after the original transaction has been reported and approved, a separate expense item should be created to allow for adjustment.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Greetings from Zoho Expense.

We are now supporting negative expenses in Zoho Expense. The refund credit card transactions also would be fetched by the application.

Kindly write back to us at if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Zoho Expense Team

20. Create different milage reimbursement rate

It would be really useful to have a different reimbursement rate per milage/kilometer based on the users. Eg. we have some employee that they can have a reimbursement rate higher than others.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have rolled out Policies feature in Zoho Expense. You can create multiple policies in Zoho Expense and assign the users to these policies.

Each policy can be configured with different mileage rates. When the users record their mileage expenses, the mileage rate that is configured in their Policy will be applicable.

To know more about this feature, kindly refer this link.

https://www.zoho.com/in/expense/help/policies/#mileage-perdiem-rates

Feel free to contact us at support@zohoexpense.com for further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Unni – Zoho Expense

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Zoho Expense

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base