Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. expense date

Add date expense incurred

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

In Zoho Invoice, while creating an expense, you can very well mention the date on which the expense was incurred.

In case it’s a billable expense, the expense date would be displayed in the ‘item description’ field of the invoice created from the expense.

If you have any doubts on this, feel free to write an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Cheers,
    Reshma.

2. expense report to show travel

Please update the expense reports to also show how many km/miles have been accumulated for the period. this would be beneficial come tax time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We are glad to let you know that you can make use of the “Mileage expenses by claimant” report for this requirement.

To try this out, please click on the ‘Reports’ section on the left pane and then move to the “Mileage expenses by claimant” report.

Now, choose the desired date range for which you want to generate this report. It would show the entire details of all the mileage expenses recorded during that period, along with the distance and name of the claimant.

If you have any further questions, please do reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

3. attach more files to expenses

more than one file for upload

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow "Custom Fields" for expenses to show during reports and allow original heading to be editable

I was very disappointed to learn that custom fields for expense don't show up on reports. The only way to use those fields is to search for them or click on the actual expense. Also, would be useful to be able to edit/delete the original fields if they are unneeded.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We wish to let you know that, in the Expense details report, it is indeed possible to show up the custom fields you have created. Move to the Expense details report and choose the “Customise report” ; In the pop up that follows, move to the ‘Show/Hide columns’ and there, you have the option to include custom fields in the report.

Regarding your other requirement, it is possible to edit the name of custom fields. The only restriction here is that you cannot delete a custom field if you have associated it to any transactions.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
    Reshma.

5. Expense : multiple KM scales

We use several scales for calculating KM expenses (km costs are different depending on the type of cars in France)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry that we missed to update this post.

Zoho Invoice allows you to add different mileage rates for different vehicles. Under Settings > Preferences > Expenses, you can add the different kinds of vehicles and then set a mileage rate for each of them.

While creating mileage expenses, the system will pick the right mileage rate (automatically) based on the vehicle you choose.

You can try this if you haven’t, and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

6. Add Custom Name of Expense

I'm an Electrical contractor, I don't use office supplies but I use supplies for each of my jobs. Unfortunately there is no option other then "other" to add in expenses so I use "office supplies" for most of my supplies. However it would be very valuable to me to be able to add a custom job name to the specific expense.

For example,

Instead of "Office Supplies" I could add a custom expense like, "Mr. Johnson"

This would allow me to track expenses for each job instead of just putting them into the "office supplies" category.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Travel Expense is not translated in french version

"Travel Expense" category is not translated in french version

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. tracking and reporting canadian taxes

I'm trying to find a way to report the Canadian GST I've paid on my expenses simply. Is there a way to do that within Zoho Invoice?

In the province where I live we have a Federal and Provincial sales tax. I'd like to be able to track and report what I've paid as two separate taxes because I can be reimbursed for the Federal tax but not the Provincial tax.

I've noticed in the Help docs that there are custom tax setup options for the USA and Australia. Is there any plan to add Canada?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah,

Zoho Invoice does have a Canada-specific edition that can help you with your requirements.

In the Canada edition of Zoho Invoice, you can add GST to your expenses and get the overall tax amount by generating the “Tax Summary” report. You can then export the tax summary report in CSV or XLS formats.

If you have any doubts in this, you can very well reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

9. Download Expense Receipts

Add possibility to download massively all receipts from a list of selected Expenses to be able to forward them to our External Accountant.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to us :)

In Zoho Invoice, it’s completely possible to achieve your requirement.

1. Switch to the “Expenses” module;
    2. Click on the “All expenses” filter on the top and set it to “With receipts”;
    3. Now, select the required expenses using the checkbox to the left of each expense;
    4. Click on the “Print” option on the top and then you can choose to save it as PDF instead of printing.

If you have any queries on this, you can write an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com.

Regards,
    Reshma.

10. Expense custom fields need more diversity!!!

I can only add one check box custom field and one drop down custom field. This is very limited. Why can't I add more custom fields to my expense so I can better personalise each expense...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback.

We’ve increased the total number of custom fields you can create for your expenses (and some other modules as well).

After logging in to your Zoho Invoice account, if you choose Settings > Preferences > Expenses and select “Custom field usage” on the top, you can know the maximum number of fields you can create for each data type (like dropdown, checkbox, etc) and your current usage.

You can give this a spin and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

11. Can entry Information of Company of each expense as a provider.

When we are entry a data espenses, we need to have a provider information, for instance: Mercedes Benz Repair or Maintenance. Provider: AutoStar ID 0-000-0000, phone 0000-0000, mail xxx@xxx.xxx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

In Zoho Invoice, while adding your expenses, you can add these additional information by creating ‘custom fields’. Please switch to Settings > Preferences > Expenses > Custom fields > +New custom field to create your own fields.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

12. Expense discription in invoice

I create an expense lets say x3 lights that my client pays for, I purchase and add as a billable expense, with me so far.

Now when I add this expense to the invoice, it only comes up with the date and price NO DESCRIPTION obviously hand typing in can be done yes......but slows down my work flow. I have had a look under settings with no luck.

Anyone one know if I can add description field for the expense?????

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

We would like to inform that using custom functions, you can very well display the ‘notes’ you have entered to an expense displayed as ‘item description’ on the invoice.

If you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com, our support team would be able to help you set this up.

Regards,
    Reshma.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base