Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Automatically apply credit amount to the client's next invoice

When I add a credit note to a customer's account, I have to apply it after their next recurring invoice has been generated. This means they get an invoice showing that they owe money, then after I manually apply the credit, they get a note showing the account as paid.

Can we automatically apply a credit note to any subsequent invoices, so they are only invoiced for the balance due? It seems a bit tedious to have to go back and manually apply the credit note. Another option is allowing the customer to apply the credit. It doesn't seem that…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear customers,

We are happy to inform that in Zoho Invoice, you can now automatically apply the unused credits (which includes both credit notes and excess payments) for upcoming recurring invoices.

You can enable this option by switching to Settings > Preferences > Recurring Invoices. Here’s our help guide for reference:

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/recurring-invoice/recurring-invoice-preferences.html
    (Look for ‘Auto-apply excess payments and credit notes’)

You can give this a spin and let us know your feedback at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

2. How much money will I receive in the future?

We hope there is a report function that can tell us the total amount for next month, from existing recurring.

I think this is quite easy, you just total the existing active recurring, so we will be able to know how much money we might collect in next month ( from 1st to the end of the month).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience :)

Your requirement can be met using the “Aging summary” and the “Aging details” reports under the “Reports” section.

In these reports, you can set your own aging intervals and run a report so that Zoho Invoice displays the amount you are yet to receive in those intervals you specified.

For instance, if I have set the interval as “4 intervals of 30 days”, the system would split your total receivables into 4 intervals:

1. Current (Invoices that are sent and not yet paid and also the due date has not crossed);
    2. (1-30) days: Invoices that are overdue by 1-30 days and the corresponding revenue you are about to receive.
    Similarly for (31-60 days) and (61-90 days).

We would love to hear back from you on this!

Regards,
    Reshma.

3. recurring purchase order number

My client has given me a "recurring purchase order number", to be used on every invoice that I give them.

Currently I must manually enter this same number for each invoice generated by my recurring invoice.

It would be nice to have an optional field for "Purchase Order Number" in the recurring invoice form, and have this applied to every invoice generated by it.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

We are glad to inform that you can now include the "Order number (P.O#) for recurring invoices too. It would be available at the page where you create a recurring invoice profile (just like it is for normal invoices).

Once entered, this information would be displayed in all the child invoices generated from that profile.

Happy invoicing !

Regards,
    Reshma.

4. Possibility to add unbilled projects on a recurring invoice

Recurring invoices are great, but what a pity to send two invoices for the same period to a customer for a unique project, including for example a recurring flat fee like hosting, and timesheets...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Zoho Invoice now allows you to create recurring invoice for projects directly. While creating it, you can manually choose the flat fee items as line items and save the recurring invoice profile. Later, based on the billing frequency, Zoho Invoice will automatically add the unbilled timesheet entries and send the invoice automatically to your customers.

You can try this out and share your feedback at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

5. Each Invoice

Each invoice should have individual options, so can be draft, some can be create charge and send and some can be send and pay

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Zoho Invoice now allows you to configure different preferences for each recurring invoice profiles.

This means, you can have a global preference that’s applicable to all recurring invoice profiles but also change it for specific recurring invoice profiles if needed.

You can give this a try and share your feedback at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

6. Sent Invoice and Payment receive ONLY to some invoices, not to all of them

I need to configure at recurrent invoice level, to create invoice, send and send a receipt. When I update this choice in a recurring invoice it updates the general setting for ALL recurring invoices.

I need this functionality since I have some customers with automatic credit card payments (with an outside company), so I want those customers only to receive the receipt as soon as the invoice is created.

Thanks a bunch !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Zoho Invoice now allows you to configure different preferences for each recurring invoice profiles.

This means, you can have a global preference that’s applicable to all recurring invoice profiles but also change it for specific recurring invoice profiles if needed.

You can give this a try and share your feedback at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base