Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Search an item

I would like, when I look for an article, in a quote or an invoice, that it is not necessarily the first symbols that matter.

For example, if my item's name is "0000_xxxx", I would like to find it if I write "x"
    Currently I have to write "0"

Please take note of my remark

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Items  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

To search an item by using any part of its name, a small change needs to be done by us at the backend.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and organization ID, stating that you wish to have this functionality enabled.

Once we receive your email, we’ll do the needful :)

Cheers,
    Reshma.

2. Automated serial number to items

Automated serial number to items

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

By default, the SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) can act as a unique identifier for each of your items. Apart from this, you can set up a custom field of the data type ‘Auto-generate number’ so that you can have a unique number assigned to each of your items.

If you need any assistance in this, feel free to drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

3. Add a custom description or comment line for each Item.

have a optional line after each item that better describes or defines that item. I sale many items that are basically the same thing, but may be a different color or texture or shape. Rather than having the same item in 20 different times with the sam basic description, have a line that specifies what is different.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

We believe “custom fields for items” might be the right solution for your requirement. If you add a custom field under the Items section (say “Color”) and choose it to be displayed when creating transactions, you can fill out the field while creating invoices/estimates.

You can take a look at this FAQ page to know the exact steps:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/items/display-additional-item-info.html

Kindly give this a spin and send your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

4. Can items marked inactive be moved to a separate list.

Can items marked inactive be moved to a separate list. So when we search the list they are not listed as well

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We would like to let you know that if you mark an item as ‘inactive’, it won’t appear in the list when you are picking items while creating an invoice. In the ‘Items’ section too, you can set the filter to ‘Active’ items so that only those are displayed.

If you have any further questions, you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

5. Line between every item

Line between every item should automatically be generated

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can select a template that displays the separation line between each line item :)

Navigate to Settings > Templates > +New to have a look at all our pre-defined templates. Almost all templates will display the separation line (except Compact).

Regards,
    Reshma.

6. Ability to search for string within items instead of just the first letters

I may know that I used RG6 cable but cannot remember exactly how I listed it, searchable strings would save alot of scrolling through my cable categorised gear

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

There is a functionality, which when enabled from our end, gives you the freedom of searching the item by any part of its name.

Kindly send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and organization ID, stating that you wish to have it enabled for you.

Once we receive your email, we’ll do the needful :)

Cheers,
    Reshma.

7. Delivery Notes

Are these there already or can they be added - Please show me how

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Items  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customization of Item table

Items column has to be allowed to customized since the present invoicing can be done only for products sales however for service industry the items will have 3 or 4 paramater on which the prices vary. Therefore the items column should be allowed to customize.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you are looking for a way to add additional columns for items, you can make use of ’custom fields’. You can refer this help document for more information on the same :

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/items/display-additional-item-info.html

In case your requirement is different, kindly write back to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com explaining how you wish to customize the item table. We would be glad to help you :)

Regards,
    Reshma.

9. items

While selecting items in invoice we need to type name of item from starting as it is..can we have it a way that we type anything that matches similar word in items and all items having the typed word appears?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Items  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In Zoho Invoice, it is possible to search for items (during invoice creation) using any part of the item name.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your organization ID so that we can help you with it.
    (You can get your organization ID under Settings > Organization Profile).

Regards,
    Reshma.

10. Articles search with key word

When creating a new article line in my invoice, I need to type the first word of an article to find it. I would like to be able to put a key word and to obtain the list of all articles containing it, even if this key word is not the first word of it.
    Would be also great to may create some category of articles and group articles in it.
    Thanks in advance for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

It is possible to search for your items (while creating the invoice) using any part of the item name through a workaround.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and the organization ID so that our support team can help you with it.

Note: Since these are sensitive credentials, do not post a reply on this forum. We request you to drop an email to our support team.

Regards,
    Reshma.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base