Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. Expense : multiple KM scales

We use several scales for calculating KM expenses (km costs are different depending on the type of cars in France)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry that we missed to update this post.

Zoho Invoice allows you to add different mileage rates for different vehicles. Under Settings > Preferences > Expenses, you can add the different kinds of vehicles and then set a mileage rate for each of them.

While creating mileage expenses, the system will pick the right mileage rate (automatically) based on the vehicle you choose.

You can try this if you haven’t, and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

2. interest

Need option for invoice to incur interest percentage of choice after due date has passed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Hope you are doing great !

Regarding adding a percentage of amount once the invoice is past due, it can be done with the help of custom functions.

Similar to ‘email alerts’ and ‘field updates’, ‘custom function’ is a type of action that can be triggered by a workflow.

You can refer this link (Scenario 2) to know the steps to create a custom function that lets you add late fee for your invoices :

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-scenarios.html#custom-functions

If you have further queries, you can just send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we would be glad to assist you.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

3. Add option to automatically accrue finance charges on overdue invoices

I have told you guys many many times, you have an absolutely amazing product. So good. Literally the ONLY feature I've every wanted to use that you have not included yet is the ability to automatically add "finance charges" to overdue invoices.

Could you build out a feature (using your clear talent for UX and UI :) that allows me to set a default finance charge based on time overdue (e.g. 1% added to invoice every additional 30 days it is overdue after the first 45 days overdue). Also it would be great to be able to override the default…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brock,

We are so glad to hear your feedback about Zoho Invoice and we would definitely help you with your invoicing by all means possible :)

Regarding adding a percentage of amount once the invoice is past due, it can be done with the help of custom functions.

Yes, Brock, similar to ‘email alerts’ and ‘field updates’, ‘custom function’ is a type of action that can be triggered by a workflow.

You can refer this link (Scenario 2) to know the steps to create a custom function that lets you add late fee for your invoices :

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-scenarios.html#custom-functions

If you have further queries, you can just send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we would be glad to assist you.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

4. Expense report by customer

When generating an Expense report, I want to be able to select a specific customer in addition to a specific date range. At the moment you can only choose date range and type of expense.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim,

In the Reports section, we have provided a dedicated “Expenses by customer” report, which lets you generate customer-wise expense details.

You can give it a go and let us know your thoughts :)

Regards,
    Reshma.

5. Custom Customer statement

been able to customized the customer statement, where I want to show only due invoices within a time frame and not having to what other invoices got paid within that same period.. JUST THE PAST DUE INVOICES AND A TOTAL OF THAT; and linked the payment to the invoices... Invoice shows on the top but payment shows on the bottom, with a bunch of other invoices in between. Makes it a lil hard to read and understand the statement

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic name changes when emailing different contacts

When emailing an invoice, it would be helpful if the first name of the selected contact replaced the Primary name in the greeting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ben,

I would like to clarify that the entire content displayed in the invoice emails you send out, depends on how you have set the email template.

If you wish to have the first name of the contact in the emails, you can inset the corresponding placeholder and achieve it. You can refer this FAQ to know how to edit the email templates.

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/templates/email_templates.html

If you need our assistance, just drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com. We would be glad to help you out.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

7. Add more than one email to a contact

Be able to add more than one email address to a contact

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. customer details

Whilst creating an Invoice, or editing a draft Invoice it would be good to quickly see the customers sales and payment history without going into Contacts find the customer > sales. This would help to ascertain when creating a new invoice if they are still due on a previous one. It would also be good to view the previous invoice quickly, perhaps on a split screen. eg. Often I have to charge a customer for a service done weekly. It would be good to remind myself of the previous month's details and date of service so as to put in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

While you create sales transactions in Zoho Invoice, you can click on ‘View customer details’ (after choosing a customer) to gather a quick overview on the basic details of the client. This includes the outstanding receivables, unused credits and so on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Reshma

9. For French market, comma instead of point for decimal numbers

In France, our numeric keypad have a comma, not a point. When I get prices with decimals in a quote or article, Zoho wants a point so I have to go at the other side of the keyboard. This is not practical and not at all usual... Would it be possible to provide an option in the settings to Zoho accept comma instead of point ?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Estimates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laurent,

You can change the separator from a point to comma by changing the currency format. To achieve this:

- Click on Settings > Currencies and select the currency for which you need to make the changes.

- Choose the “Format” drop-down and change the currency format as required.

You can try this and send your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

10. Non Exclusive setting for Discount, one should be able to discount item wise as well as on total

one should be able to apply discount item wise as well as on total at the same time

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

In Zoho Invoice, you can apply a pricelist to the item to mark down its price and then add an invoice-level discount to further reduce the overall invoice total.

If you have any questions on this, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

11. Line Item Dates on Invoices

Ability to optionally add a date column to the invoice template to show date for each line item. Or a way to click a button and put the date into the item description/notes. I need the date of each item to show on the invoices.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We believe “custom fields for items” would help you with this requirement.

By adding a custom field under Settings > Preferences > Items (of the data type “Date”) and choosing it to be shown while creating transactions, you can fill in a date for each line item while creating the invoice.

To know how to add custom fields for items, you can refer this page as well:

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/items/display-additional-item-info.html

Regards,
    Reshma.

12. Search indexing improvements

Can you improve both the customer name and item name search indexing so that I don't have to search by the start of the name or invoice.

At the moment if I need to find a customer, I have to type their first name - typing the last name doesn't work as it isn't indexed.

More annoyingly, it's a hassle adding new items to invoices as I have to type out the item name from the beginning - for example, I have many items that start with the manufacturer name then the item like 'ACME 12-34X' - in this case…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Liam,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

To search for an item/customer by using any part of its name, a small change needs to be done by us at the backend.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and organization ID, stating that you wish to have this functionality enabled.

Once we receive your email, we’ll do the needful.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

13. Price list for individual product

If a price list is created for a contact and applied in the estimates/invoice, the markup/markdown is applied for all products.
    There is no option to provide the discount only to 1 product, unless a manual discount %age is applied on the estimate/invoice.

Enable price list associated with the already listed items.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Navyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your requirements.

While creating the price list, please choose the type as “Entering individual prices for items”. Unless the other type (markup/markdown), this type of price list gives you the option to enter a custom price for each item in it.

To know more on how to create and make use of it, you can refer this link:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/items/new-pricelist.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Reshma.

14. contact record invoice description

Have Invoice Description (or custom fields) display under a contacts "Sales" tab.
    - We have large clients and are often working on many projects at a time. That said, we have a list of invoices that are in draft, but we have no idea to tell what invoice is for what project. If we could get the "description" to display beside the invoice #, that would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need to have 2 company in the same Zohoo to invoice

create invoice in the same Zoho account for different company

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a custom description or comment line for each Item.

have a optional line after each item that better describes or defines that item. I sale many items that are basically the same thing, but may be a different color or texture or shape. Rather than having the same item in 20 different times with the sam basic description, have a line that specifies what is different.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Items  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

We believe “custom fields for items” might be the right solution for your requirement. If you add a custom field under the Items section (say “Color”) and choose it to be displayed when creating transactions, you can fill out the field while creating invoices/estimates.

You can take a look at this FAQ page to know the exact steps:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/items/display-additional-item-info.html

Kindly give this a spin and send your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

17. Add Custom Name of Expense

I'm an Electrical contractor, I don't use office supplies but I use supplies for each of my jobs. Unfortunately there is no option other then "other" to add in expenses so I use "office supplies" for most of my supplies. However it would be very valuable to me to be able to add a custom job name to the specific expense.

For example,

Instead of "Office Supplies" I could add a custom expense like, "Mr. Johnson"

This would allow me to track expenses for each job instead of just putting them into the "office supplies" category.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DISPLAY CLIENTS INCOME TAX NUMBER ON INVOICES

Most companies require their Income tax number to appear on their invoices. It would be good if we could have this option to enable it so that we can enter in their income tax number that will then automatically appear on all invoices. Currently, every time i have to generate an invoice for recurring clients I have to look up their Income tax number and enter it manually. Its such an inconvenience when the software should include it automatically. All we need is a button to enable the field when we we enter new contact info. PLEASE!!!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We totally understand the importance of this requirement and we’re so glad to let you know that it’s indeed possible in Zoho Invoice.

All you need to do is, create a custom field under the “Contacts” section to enter the tax number of the contact and include that in the “billing/shipping address format” so that it gets displayed on all the invoices.

Please take a look at his FAQ page of ours which explains the steps clearly:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/templates/display-customer-tax-information.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Reshma.

19. Android name

When generating an invoice in Zoho Invoice on Android, Customer name search doesn't bring up results if you don't type Customers title.

E.g. Customer name in Zoho: Mrs.Nicole Gillard
    If you search Nicole Gillard, you get no results.
    If you search Mrs. Nicole you get results.

Very annoying and causing users to recreate existing customers

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We believe your requirement can be achieved by making some changes to the search settings from our end.

To assist you further on this, please drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com from your registered email address, mentioning your Zoho Invoice organization ID.

Happy invoicing!

Cheers,
    Reshma.

20. ageing summary for contact

Allow listing af ageing receivables for each contact similar to what's viewable in dashboard - eg, current, overdue 1-15day, 16-30day, etc.
    Allow this to be printed/pdf in a format appropriate to email or mail to contact.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Zoho Invoice now allows you the option to generate customer-wise aging reports. You can head on to the ‘Reports’ section > Generate the ‘Aging details’ report > Choose the ‘Customise report’ option on the top and use the ‘Customer Name’ field so that the system displays the invoices one particular customer owes you.

Also, this report can be exported/printed as you wish.

If you have any questions on this, you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base