Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. Add calendar reminders. So that I may be able to follow up with billing inquiries, in a timely manner

Add calendar reminders. So that I may be able to follow up with billing inquiries, in a timely manner.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In Zoho Invoice, though you cannot set up calendar reminders, we believe the automated payment reminders can help with this requirement. Once the automated reminders are configured, you or your clients can be notified according to your preference.

Also, you can check out the ‘Expected payment date’ reminder here:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/reminders.html#expected-payment-date

This way, your internal team can be notified so that they can follow up with the clients.

You can try this and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Resma

2. Bulk Payment Recording

Could you please implement the option to record payments in bulk? We often have customers pay a monthly statement comprised of a number of individual invoices, meaning that I have to record each separate invoice as paid manually rather than all in one go.

Surely you could add an option to the invoices tab, kind of how you can print or export a number of invoices all in one go? You could just add a "Record Payments" option from the drop down "More" box for all the invoices you have selected, it would save people a lot of time!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on our feedback forum.

Zoho Invoice allows you to record a single bulk payment for multiple invoices of a customer.

To try this, please click on the “+” next to “Payments Received” section and select the customer. Now, all unpaid invoices of that customer would be displayed. You can record a full or partial payment and decide how to split the payment among those invoices. Once this is done, all corresponding invoices will be marked as Paid.

You can try this and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

3. statements

Not sure if this feature exists and I just can't find it. Does Zoho Invoice have the ability to create statements for customers...so they can see all of their invoices and due dates?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. spanish invoices - by law we need summary for each tax type

Hi,

in spain, by law, if an invoice contains several tax types (for example 10% for food, 21% for transport), we need in the bottom/footer of the invoice a summary of the totals for each tax type like this:

IVA base imponible IVA

10% 50,00 € 5,00 €

21% 100,00 € 21,00 €

There can be for example 5 food products in the invoice, each with 20,00 €, and food has 10% of TAX.
    And one transport for 50,00 € with 21% TAX.

How can i get this summary in the footer of my invoices.
    It only aplies if the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

In Zoho Invoice, we do have an option to display the ‘tax summary’ table on the bottom of the invoice PDF, which can fulfil your requirement.

Kindly move to Settings > Templates > Invoices > Edit > Total > Enable the ‘Show Tax Summary table’ option and save the changes.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

5. Edit and customise invoice text

It MUST be possible to edit the invoice test and customise different fields.
    I need for example different fields and also bilingual invoices

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Using the template settings (Settings > Templates > Invoices), you could change the label of almost all the fields that appear in your invoices.

Also, while selecting a new template, you have the option of selecting the language for that template. This way, you can create invoices in multiple languages and you can even associate the templates to specific contacts.

The below help documentation explains this clearly :
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/templates/templates-multilang.html

If you have further queries, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

6. Custom Customer statement

been able to customized the customer statement, where I want to show only due invoices within a time frame and not having to what other invoices got paid within that same period.. JUST THE PAST DUE INVOICES AND A TOTAL OF THAT; and linked the payment to the invoices... Invoice shows on the top but payment shows on the bottom, with a bunch of other invoices in between. Makes it a lil hard to read and understand the statement

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow "Custom Fields" for expenses to show during reports and allow original heading to be editable

I was very disappointed to learn that custom fields for expense don't show up on reports. The only way to use those fields is to search for them or click on the actual expense. Also, would be useful to be able to edit/delete the original fields if they are unneeded.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We wish to let you know that, in the Expense details report, it is indeed possible to show up the custom fields you have created. Move to the Expense details report and choose the “Customise report” ; In the pop up that follows, move to the ‘Show/Hide columns’ and there, you have the option to include custom fields in the report.

Regarding your other requirement, it is possible to edit the name of custom fields. The only restriction here is that you cannot delete a custom field if you have associated it to any transactions.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
    Reshma.

8. Export time entries

I would like the ability to export all (or user definable subsets) of my time entries to csv format.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim,

You can very well export your timesheet entries now :)

- Head on to the Timesheet tab and click on the tiny gear icon with a drop-down next to it ;
    - Go for the Export Timesheet option and choose the preferred file format.

If you have further queries, just send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com. We’d be glad to assist you !

Cheers,
    Reshma.

9. Banking Details tab on invoices

I think adding this Tab will be much great

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When an estimate is accepted, i need to send an email to my accountant with payment terms and go ahead to send invoice to clients.

When an estimate is accepted, i need to send an email to my accountant with payment terms and go ahead to send invoice to clients.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Estimates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can create a workflow and trigger an email alert to your accountant once an estimate has been accepted.

We’ll send you an email right away, with the steps to create this workflow. In case you have any queries, you can write back to us.

Regards,
    Reshma.

11. Expense : multiple KM scales

We use several scales for calculating KM expenses (km costs are different depending on the type of cars in France)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry that we missed to update this post.

Zoho Invoice allows you to add different mileage rates for different vehicles. Under Settings > Preferences > Expenses, you can add the different kinds of vehicles and then set a mileage rate for each of them.

While creating mileage expenses, the system will pick the right mileage rate (automatically) based on the vehicle you choose.

You can try this if you haven’t, and share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

12. Add option to automatically accrue finance charges on overdue invoices

I have told you guys many many times, you have an absolutely amazing product. So good. Literally the ONLY feature I've every wanted to use that you have not included yet is the ability to automatically add "finance charges" to overdue invoices.

Could you build out a feature (using your clear talent for UX and UI :) that allows me to set a default finance charge based on time overdue (e.g. 1% added to invoice every additional 30 days it is overdue after the first 45 days overdue). Also it would be great to be able to override the default…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brock,

We are so glad to hear your feedback about Zoho Invoice and we would definitely help you with your invoicing by all means possible :)

Regarding adding a percentage of amount once the invoice is past due, it can be done with the help of custom functions.

Yes, Brock, similar to ‘email alerts’ and ‘field updates’, ‘custom function’ is a type of action that can be triggered by a workflow.

You can refer this link (Scenario 2) to know the steps to create a custom function that lets you add late fee for your invoices :

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-scenarios.html#custom-functions

If you have further queries, you can just send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we would be glad to assist you.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

13. Add Georgian font support

When I create invoice template with Georgian characters it is displayed in preview but in PDF it does not appear text is empty!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available  ·  1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Warn that the website must reload BEFORE user clicks something

New features are released on Zoho regularly (good job guys!), and when they are, the website needs to be reloaded. But currently there is no indication of this until you try to take an action on the website, for instance logging time in the timesheet (click #1). Then a popup warns that the site must be reloaded, and gives you a reload button (wait for popup, click #2). After reloading, you then must try your action again (wait for reload, click #3). It seems like a small thing but this is frustrating when you're just trying to get something done…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We would like to clarify that even after the banner appears on top of your Zoho Invoice screen, conveying that we have introduced some product updates and requesting for a page refresh, you can finish all your ongoing tasks smoothly.

Once all that’s done, you can refresh the page.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com so that you can discuss it with our support team.

Regards,
    Reshma

15. Add more than one email to a contact

Be able to add more than one email address to a contact

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. customer details

Whilst creating an Invoice, or editing a draft Invoice it would be good to quickly see the customers sales and payment history without going into Contacts find the customer > sales. This would help to ascertain when creating a new invoice if they are still due on a previous one. It would also be good to view the previous invoice quickly, perhaps on a split screen. eg. Often I have to charge a customer for a service done weekly. It would be good to remind myself of the previous month's details and date of service so as to put in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

While you create sales transactions in Zoho Invoice, you can click on ‘View customer details’ (after choosing a customer) to gather a quick overview on the basic details of the client. This includes the outstanding receivables, unused credits and so on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Reshma

17. interest

Need option for invoice to incur interest percentage of choice after due date has passed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Hope you are doing great !

Regarding adding a percentage of amount once the invoice is past due, it can be done with the help of custom functions.

Similar to ‘email alerts’ and ‘field updates’, ‘custom function’ is a type of action that can be triggered by a workflow.

You can refer this link (Scenario 2) to know the steps to create a custom function that lets you add late fee for your invoices :

https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-scenarios.html#custom-functions

If you have further queries, you can just send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we would be glad to assist you.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

18. Selectable email template for payment thank you from Payments Received page

I can't select the alternative mail template from Payments Received page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can create multiple email templates for payment acknowledgement under Settings > Email templates > ‘Payment- Thank You’.

To send an email in a template other than the default template:

-Head on to the “Payments Received” section > Enter the details > “Save” the payment.
    -Then choose to email it (using the ‘email’ option on top of the payment).
    -In the page that follows, you’ll have the option to pick an email template of your choice.

If you have any queries in this, just write to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

19. fix customer name search

If I have contacts with the prefix "Sir or Madam", the search does'nt find the person cause that indexing is done only with the first word. The correct way (I think) would be that the search is done on any of the words of the contact.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nicolas,

There is a functionality called ‘Contains’ search, which when enabled, gives you the freedom of searching the Customer name by any part of his/her name.

Kindly send an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and organization ID, stating that you wish to have the Contains search enabled for you.

Once we receive your email, we’ll do the needful :)

Cheers,
    Reshma.

20. Recording overpayment in Invoice

Please allow to book overpayment against customers...as it is very common thing for them to pay some amount extra each time of payment. Having a lot of trouble with this now. this feature is supposed to be added to zoho invoice by now. as it was requested by others before.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

In Zoho Invoice, you can very well record the excess payment you have received, using the ‘Payments Received’ tab under Sales module. Here, you’ll be asked to choose a customer name first. Once you choose a customer, all the unpaid invoices of that particular customer gets listed below. If you enter an amount higher than the invoice amount, it’ll be recorded as unused credits and you can view this in the Contact details page of that customer.

Once you make use of this excess payment, you can record a refund for it, which is explained here :
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/payments/refund-excess-payment.html

Regards,
    Reshma.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base