Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. BASIC RATE sh

IN INVOICE AND DELIVERY CHALLANS IF THE PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF TAX THEN IT SHOULD SHOW THE BASIC RATE FIRST ,THEN TAX FINAL FIELD SHOUD BE AMOUNT(BASIC+TAX), NOW ITS SHOW UNIT WITH TAX DIRECTLY.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on our feedback forum.

We understand that your item rates are inclusive of tax and you want to display the taxable amount and tax amounts separately. You can achieve this with the ‘Spreadsheet Plus’ template.

Unlike the other templates, this one specifically has a column called ‘Taxable amount’ in the item table, (which would be displayed by default). This should solve your problem.

To try this, switch to Settings > Templates > Invoices > +New > Select “Spreadsheet Plus” template > Save. Now, you can either change the templates of your existing templates to this one manually, or make it default for all your future invoices.

If you have any other questions, feel free to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

2. Clone Invoice - auto-increment the invoice #

When using the Clone Invoice function, append the word "Clone" or a number like "(1) to the invoice #

Currently, the invoice # is blank which means you must enter the complete invoice # from memory or copy/paste.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

In Zoho Invoice, though it’s not possible to append the word “Clone” on your cloned invoices, the invoice numbers can easily be incremented, provided you’ve enabled the auto-generation of invoice numbers.

You can refer this link to know the steps to do so:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/invoices/auto-generation.html

If you have any questions on this, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

3. Search items - would be great to type in 3 characters and for it to search. for example I have a product called " Whole Topside"

would be great to type in 3 characters and for it to search. for example I have a product called " Whole Topside" but when I type "top" or "topside" it doesn't find anything - I have to type "whole" for it to find the product/item

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

It is possible to search for your items (while creating the invoice) using any part of the item name through a workaround.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and the organization ID so that our support team can help you with it.

Note: Since these are sensitive credentials, do not post a reply on this forum. We request you to drop an email to our support team.

Regards,
    Reshma.

4. items

While selecting items in invoice we need to type name of item from starting as it is..can we have it a way that we type anything that matches similar word in items and all items having the typed word appears?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Items  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In Zoho Invoice, it is possible to search for items (during invoice creation) using any part of the item name.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your organization ID so that we can help you with it.
    (You can get your organization ID under Settings > Organization Profile).

Regards,
    Reshma.

5. Can entry Information of Company of each expense as a provider.

When we are entry a data espenses, we need to have a provider information, for instance: Mercedes Benz Repair or Maintenance. Provider: AutoStar ID 0-000-0000, phone 0000-0000, mail xxx@xxx.xxx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Melvin,

In Zoho Invoice, while adding your expenses, you can add these additional information by creating ‘custom fields’. Please switch to Settings > Preferences > Expenses > Custom fields > +New custom field to create your own fields.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

6. Articles search with key word

When creating a new article line in my invoice, I need to type the first word of an article to find it. I would like to be able to put a key word and to obtain the list of all articles containing it, even if this key word is not the first word of it.
    Would be also great to may create some category of articles and group articles in it.
    Thanks in advance for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Items  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

It is possible to search for your items (while creating the invoice) using any part of the item name through a workaround.

Kindly drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com with your registered email address and the organization ID so that our support team can help you with it.

Note: Since these are sensitive credentials, do not post a reply on this forum. We request you to drop an email to our support team.

Regards,
    Reshma.

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for posting for on our feedback forum.

We’re happy to inform that using the Zoho Invoice mobile apps (both iOS and Android), you can apply retainer payments to your outstanding invoices.

If you need assistance on this, feel free to reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

8. Duplication & Editing of Invoice

I would like to duplicate an invoice and then edit to change the client information. I invoice multiple districts for the same inservice with their own people listed. It saved a lot of time not having to type the same thing over sometimes on 50-75 individual invoices Is there a way to do this? My previous program had the ability to duplicate an existing invoice and then edit. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reconcile at end of year

I would like to see the ability to generate a report that shows total income, total expenses and total profit for a selected time period. Monthly, Yearly? Also that ability to see expenses by category, or expenses by employee.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can navigate to the ‘Reports’ module and generate the ‘Payments Received’ and ‘Expense by category’ reports to achieve your requirement.

Profit/loss cannot be monitored using Zoho Invoice. However, you can migrate your Zoho Invoice organization to Zoho Books and achieve this.
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/general/upgrade-to-zoho-books.html

If you have any further questions, you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

10. Add custom fiels at the invoice line level

This might sound overkill but this would be great when translating invoices to italian XML electronic format, especially when the Government is the customer (anche they have all kind of markers, codes, procedures,...)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jacopo,

If your requirement is to have a custom field for each line item of your invoice, kindly refer the steps in this link:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/kb/items/display-additional-item-info.html

In case your requirement is different from this, please drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com so that we can understand it better and help you with the best possible solution.

Regards,
    Reshma.

11. In Zoho Invoice, it would be good to be able to add additional columns to the invoice such as Reference

In Zoho Invoice, it would be good to be able to add additional columns to the invoice such as Reference

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In Zoho Invoice, apart from the default fields that the system offers for invoices, you can add your own ‘custom fields’ easily.

Kindly visit Settings > Preferences > Invoices > Custom fields > +New custom fields to add your own fields to the invoice.

If you have any other questions, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

12. add photos

add a photo or two or 3 of the work done and pin it to the invoice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Expense discription in invoice

I create an expense lets say x3 lights that my client pays for, I purchase and add as a billable expense, with me so far.

Now when I add this expense to the invoice, it only comes up with the date and price NO DESCRIPTION obviously hand typing in can be done yes......but slows down my work flow. I have had a look under settings with no luck.

Anyone one know if I can add description field for the expense?????

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We would like to inform that using custom functions, you can very well display the ‘notes’ you have entered to an expense displayed as ‘item description’ on the invoice.

If you can drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com, our support team would be able to help you set this up.

Regards,
    Reshma.

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you don’t see the ‘Estimates’ module on the left pane of your Zoho Invoice (which is used to create quotations), please choose Settings > Preferences > General and enable the ‘Estimates’ module > Save.

If you have any further questions, you can reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

15. Would be nice if we can filter timesheets by timekeeper

Would be nice if we can filter timesheets by timekeeper, so we can see what that employee entered for that day, or week... etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In Zoho Invoice, you can generate the ‘Timesheet details’ report and use the ‘Customise report’ option to filter the timesheet entries corresponding to one user. You can also set a date range for which the report has to be generated.

If you have any further questions, you can reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

16. White labeling url

Hi,

Is it possible to white label the url so instead of it saying login to zoho portal it would display your companies url ie portal.mycompany.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hide inactive tasks in timesheet log

In Timesheet, when logging time, inactive tasks should not appear in the list of tasks dropdown.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We would like to clarify that while logging time for the projects, the inactive tasks would not be listed. Kindly check this once and if you have any questions, you can reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

18. Ability to hide project rates from timesheet staff

I have subcontractors log their hours on projects in Zoho. I wish I could hide our hourly billing rate to customers from our subcontractors when they enter their time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We would like to clarify that if you assign the ‘Timesheet Staff’ role (the predefined role that Zoho Invoice offers) to your staff users, they won’t be able to view the rates associated with the projects.

If you face any difficulties in this, please drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

19. We quote/estimate with the picture of the part..How can we add the picture with the quote/estimate?

Our estimate or quotes are always sent with the picture of the parts...how can we add the pictures into the estimate or quote? Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Estimates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If your requirement is to attach files to an estimate/quote, you have that option while creating/editing the estimate. As of now, you can attach up to 5 files, 5MB each.

If you have any questions, you can write to us directly at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma

20. Include sub-total in views

My work tends to come via a particular government framework. Every month I have to report my invoices to them, minus sales tax. It would be great if I could see the amounts - tax at a glance (i.e. the sub-total invoice value) so I could double check this when doing my submission.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on our feedback forum.

You can try out the ‘Invoice details’ report we have (under the ‘Reports’ section) to export the details of your invoices. In this report, you can choose the ‘Customise columns’ and choose to display the “Total”, “Tax amount”, “Amount without tax”.

We believe this should help with your requirement. If not, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base