Skip to content

Zoho Invoice

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Invoice, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. Hide unused sections from Client Portal

Be able to hide unused sections from Client Portal. For example, I'm not using Estimates or Projects, and would prefer to not have those sections show up in Client Portal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forum.

Just head on to Settings > Preferences > General ; Here, you can disable the modules that you will not be using (Estimates and Timesheet in your case).

Once disabled, those modules would not be displayed in the client portal as well.

Regards,
    Reshma.

2. Hi, I wish to include in the new quotation email notification, the expiry date of the estimate (quotation)

Hi, I wish to include in the new quotation email notification, the expiry date of the estimate (quotation)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Estimates  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add columns to an invoice

I want to be able to add column headings to an invoice. For example, we already have a column for 'quantity', but I would like a column for 'size'. I want this column to follow through to a purchase order and a packing slip too.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available  ·  3 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  5. Past due invoices

When an invoice is past due, automatically mark it in red Past Due.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add date and time for items

option to add date and time to item, as i am selling service which i need to mention time and date

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
  7. Setup default location of currency symbol (before / after amount, spacing before / after symbol).

Setup default location of currency symbol (before / after amount, spacing before / after symbol).

It should be possible to define the location of the currency symbol before or after the amount and the spacing to it.

For example in our default currency (BGN) the currency symbol is: лв.

EUR 10

would be displayed

10 лв.

This should be defined in Preferences and applied sitewide where amounts are displayed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →

Hi Martin,

In Zoho Invoice, you have the option to set if the currency symbol should be displayed before or after the amount.

For your specific example:
    1. Under Settings > Currencies, you can click on EUR and change its symbol as needed.
    2. After that, select Settings >Templates > Invoices > Edit > Total, you can set if the currency symbol needs to be shown before/after the amount. Finally, hit Save.

Kindly give it a try and let us know your feedback on support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

8. Warn that the website must reload BEFORE user clicks something

New features are released on Zoho regularly (good job guys!), and when they are, the website needs to be reloaded. But currently there is no indication of this until you try to take an action on the website, for instance logging time in the timesheet (click #1). Then a popup warns that the site must be reloaded, and gives you a reload button (wait for popup, click #2). After reloading, you then must try your action again (wait for reload, click #3). It seems like a small thing but this is frustrating when you're just trying to get something done…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We would like to clarify that even after the banner appears on top of your Zoho Invoice screen, conveying that we have introduced some product updates and requesting for a page refresh, you can finish all your ongoing tasks smoothly.

Once all that’s done, you can refresh the page.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com so that you can discuss it with our support team.

Regards,
    Reshma

9. Dashboard

While we need to view the sales during the Financial year, it is showing fiscal year from Jan to Dec. But in India the FY is Apr to Mar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

By navigating to Settings > Organization Profile, you can actually change your fiscal year.

Once you save your preferences, the dashboard graph will be showing the figures accordingly.

Regards,
    Reshma.

10. Additional fields for articles

Add new fields for articles, for ex. internal notes, providers, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  11. payment

I there, could you tell me how to add on the invoice how the customer make the payment , for exemple Cash ,Bank card,Cheque or online

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Luc,

Hope you are doing good !

The payments you receive can be of two types – online (through payment gateways integrated in Zoho Invoice) or offline.

For online payments, the payment mode would automatically be entered by the system. To view this :
    - Move to the ‘Invoices’ module and select that particular invoice, for which online payment has been made ;
    - Scroll down the invoice preview (on the right), where you could see the Payments received section. In this section, you can view the invoice number and the payment mode.

In case of offline payments, you would be recording it manually. So, once you click on the
    ‘Record payment’ option for an invoice, you would be taken to the next page, where you can enter the “Payment mode” and save it.

Hope this clarifies. For further queries, write back to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com.

Regards,
    Reshma.

12. Travel Expense is not translated in french version

"Travel Expense" category is not translated in french version

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Expenses  ·  Admin →
  13. Add barcode reader to place an order

barcode reder to make an invoice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Footer Layout Customizable

I can't customize my footer layout. For example, I need a template that doesn't show "Notes" and "Terms and Conditions", but I don't have the option to not shown them in the PDF.
    It's a small thing, but I need it, and so might others.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Greetings from Zoho Invoice!

You can hide the “Terms and Conditions” field by editing the template preferences (Settings > Templates > Invoices > Edit).

You would not be able to hide the “Notes” as of now, but instead, you can add the content either as footer content or as annexure, which are template-specific.

So, you can have two different templates, one with the content (added as footer content or annexure) and one without. Based on your needs, you can quickly change the template of the invoice and send them.

If you have any doubts, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

15. Hide Inactive Customers/Projects.

It would be great to be able to hide inactive customers and projects. My business has a medium turn over for clients for when we try to add time to the time sheet or creating invoices, the list of clients and projects is long. It would be nice to have the list shorter to only show active customers.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We would like to clarify that once a contact has been marked ’Inactive", it is not possible to create any kind of transaction for that client.

In the Contacts tab, if you choose that contact, you can only see the “Mark as active” option. Only if it is chosen, you can have further transactions with him/her.

Also, inactive customers won’t be listed while creating transactions.

If you need our assistance on this, just write back to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we’ll be glad to help out.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Naoko,

Thank you for posting on our feedback forums.

While creating a new template for Payment Receipts, you would have the option to choose its language. You can choose Japanese from the list ; And to display them properly in the PDFs, you can change the PDF font to “IPAPGothic”.

To change the font of the payment receipt template :
    - Move to Settings > Templates > Payment Receipts ;
    - Hover to the template you are currently using and click “Edit” ;
    - Under the “Template properties” section, you would have the option to change the PDF font.

If you have any queries, just drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
    Reshma.

17. webhooks

Allow a developer to be notified when an action occurs through webhooks.

For example when a contact is created, a request is sent to a url describing what happened and any associated data.

I would really like to see this feature as I am currently forced to poll the API to check for updates to keep my data in sync.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

We are glad to let you know that configuring webhooks and associating it to a workflow is completely possible in Zoho Invoice. It would be right under the “Automation” module under Settings tab.

You can refer this help document section to know more about webhooks:
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/automation/automation-webhooks.html

You can try configuring webhooks and share your feedback with us.

Cheers,
    Reshma.

18. Date format

The date format is Day / Month / Year. However in America we used Month / Day / Year. There is no way to customize or overwrite this, so I have to export a PDF and manually edit it every time. Very frustrating.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Edit and customise invoice text

It MUST be possible to edit the invoice test and customise different fields.
    I need for example different fields and also bilingual invoices

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Using the template settings (Settings > Templates > Invoices), you could change the label of almost all the fields that appear in your invoices.

Also, while selecting a new template, you have the option of selecting the language for that template. This way, you can create invoices in multiple languages and you can even associate the templates to specific contacts.

The below help documentation explains this clearly :
    https://www.zoho.com/invoice/help/settings/templates/templates-multilang.html

If you have further queries, feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

20. We require a further label in Estimates with the Nett Unit Price after Discount is applied

All our client receive quotations with the Nett Unit Price, after discount per line item.

This means in some cases we can hide the List Price of the product should we not want to show the client.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Estimates  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

If you apply item-level discount to a product, the “Amount” column will usually show up the Nett Unit price (Item Rate – Discount). For instance, if the rate of an item is $100 and a 10% discount is applied. the “Amount” column will show $90, meeting your requirement.

Moreover, if you wish to hide the “Rate” column in the estimate PDFs:
    -Move to Settings > Templates > Estimates;
    -Hover to the template you are using and click on “Edit”;
    -Choose the “Item Table” section and hide the “Rate” column using the check-box to the left of it;
    - Save the preferences.

If you have any further queries, you can write back to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,
    Reshma.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base