Skip to content

Zoho Inventory

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Inventory, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zoho-inventory.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. A Kanban View of the fulfilment

I would like to have Kanban Card View of the Sales Orders with their status like ->Order Recieved -> Invoiced -> Packed (or Ready to Ship) -> Shipped and -> Delivered.

Currently we have the view in Packaging for the last 3 status. Also in that view, the delivered column keeps on adding over old records. An additional feature to clear the old records is required so that the kanban view can be very useful (something like in ASANA), where we can move the cards to update the status

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New mode of tracking for items

The stock on hand will be calculated based on Receives & Packing

When it's received it goes to the the bin/bay location in the warehouse.
    When it's packed it is no longer there, it's ready in another area for shipment so this is the logical choice for me !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Warehouse Location for Sales Orders in Mobile App

Please add a function to assign a warehouse when creating a Sales Order on the mobile app.

Right now, if the same item is being stored in two different locations, there is no way to indicate that on the app. Only an adjustment can be made after the fact.

We need this urgently! Our sales reps create orders in the field, and it becomes difficult to manage our levels with many moving pieces.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Batch Update Preferred Vendor

I'm just new and trying to get my inventory set up, and I can't see a way to update preferred vendor for an item apart from editing each item individually.

Wouldn't it make sense when you are adding a group of items, to have the preferred vendor list available so it gets applied at the time you add the group of items?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to add physical location to search criteria for items.

Currently you may only search by location in advanced search.

In our field some Item have many names, and it is simpler to search by location without having to advance search. It would be useful to be able to do so in the main search bar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. custom status purchase order

Can you create custom status for PO as they exist now for sales orders? That way you can add a status ("confirmed", "price checked")after an issued PO when it is checked with the order confirmation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. deleting more than 5 organisations

I have been deleted 5 organisations. I need to delete 2 more organisations. Before starting to use Zoho Inventory I create some demo organisations now I need to delete them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revision and Lot Number Tracking

Can you add revision and lot number tracking? So, one item can have revision and lot number or revision and serial number. For manufacturing organizations we track what revision has machine part that we ordered from the machine shop per model/print.

Also, this tracking should be shown in PO to indicate what revision we want to order. When we receive an item the system will ask what revision and serial number we received for the item.

And it should track to when we adjust an item and when we sell an item. We have to have possibility to see what…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow unpacked and unshipped items to be deleted and added new items instead in a partially shipped sales order

We make sales order of 50 items, we ship half of the items, and customer calls please make adjustment from my sales order, from remaining items, i need to cancel this item and add this item instead.

You are using zoho, what happened, you have to delete all the packages (even if they are 30 packages) you have to delete all shipments and packages for making the changes. OMG!

I dont know, why zoho have restricted sales orders to be updated. you know customers always make changes in their orders and companies have to accept those changes.

Please make the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Danger: Blank/Fake inventory item name

user low level is able to bypass an existing item with faking wrong name with different price or in another way that he can create SO without needing to add item to be existed in the inventory this will result effecting the inventory stock, i am taking big risk here

my solution:
    user permissions for SO and PO for dis/allow to add non-existing items

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accept Direct B2B Orders From Customers in Zoho Inventory

Create a Option of Accepting B2B Orders by Providing Access to the Customer. The Customer Should be able to see the Stock with Pictures and Immediately Punch the Orders. With Lot of Customers and New Styles coming up every day, it Becomes very Difficult to book orders offline and then Punch into Zoho.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make discounts more obvious by listing total discount at the bottom of the invoice or sales order

The discount is listed next to the items on the invoice, but it would be nice for the total discounts to be stated somewhere at the bottom of the layout where like, 'total' and 'taxes' and 'adjustments' are, so that it is very obvious to the client that they received a discount and how much it was. I feel that not many people will look through item by item to see discounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow unpacked and unshipped items to be deleted from a sales order and allow new items to be added in a partially shipped sales order.

We make sales order of 50 items, we ship half of the items, and customer calls please make adjustment from my sales order, from remaining items, i need to cancel this item and add this item instead.

You are using zoho, what happened, you have to delete all the packages (even if they are 30 packages) you have to delete all shipments and packages for making the changes. OMG!

Similarly, You sent a purchase order to your vendor, and your vendor just inform you these items are not available. What will you need to do then, you have to delete…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Purchase Order Assigned to Account, Deal or Project

Hi Zoho,

It would be great if it is possible to assign purchase orders to accounts, deals or projects. We are a manufacturer following the "just-in-time" process and when we order raw materials from suppliers, we would like to keep all those documents under each order which is assigned to a specific account as this gives it greater traceability and helps with aligning everything for work order closeouts by our accounts team. It also makes it easier for us to go back to the account/deal if we need to review at a later date.
    Will you be implementing this?
    regards

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Splitting of a batch into sub-batches

This need is from the wholesale cloth/fabric trading market. Purchase orders are in meters, stocks are received from manufacturers in bales / batches which internally contain roles / sub-batches, and eventually sold to customers as metres (physically aggregate of roles + metres cut from a role to make a whole number). Each bale and constituent role for each product item could have a varying quantity in metres.

After detailed analysis and mapping exercise of our business process to the way Zoho inventory has structured items, we have found that batching is the ideal way to track our inventory.

However, we…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to scan batch numbers from barcodes

We have barcoded batch numbers on stocks we receive from manufacturers and they are 12 character long alphanumeric sequences. Entering them manually is highly error prone. Hence ability to directly scan them in the batch numbers field (in bills, transfer orders, invoices) is highly desirable.

Such ability should be extended to the android (when ready and released) and iOS inventory apps as well as the warehouses don't have computers but can be serviced with handheld devices.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow inventory data to be editable in a sheets view like ZohoCRM

One of the features I've become a fan of in ZohoCRM is the ability to edit data directly in Zoho Sheets. I realize that this can be dangerous (in any area) when used without caution, but I've personally found it to be very helpful when used with care.

I'd love to see all aspects of Zoho Inventory adopt similar functionality, controlled of course by a set of suitable user permissions.

Thanks,
    Bryan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Take low inventory items and convert to a purchase order. This eliminate typing each product by hand

This can be accomplished by using item groups to seperate items for each manufacture or place you order product.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need better iphone experience

The iphone experience is a bit sub-par. Adding/searching/scanning items is not easy. If I have someone in a warehouse I would like to give them an iphone to be able to check inventory and stock and everything else from it. Currently the iphone app is very basic and isnt actually able to be used to do anything. Would like the ability to scan a barcode to check inventory, add to inventory, allow someone to check in packages, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?