Zoho Books

Welcome to our Feedback Forum!

If you have an idea or a feature you’ll like to see in Zoho Books, this is the right place to be. While we cannot promise a ‘date’, we will definitely keep you updated on every feature request you make.

Tips while posting the idea:
1. Search if the feature or idea is already listed. If yes, vote for it.
2. If it’s unavailable, add the idea and give a detailed description on how you’ll like to see it work in Zoho Books.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohobooks.com

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add shipping for ups / fedex / usps

1) sales orders from zoho crm flow to zoho books.

2) order details flow (address and item info) from zoho crm or zoho books to web based shipping software like shipping easy or ship station

3) freight and tracking #'s come back from shipping software to sales order in crm or books.

All major accounting systems (quickbooks, zero, myob) provide this functionality out of the box. We love using zoho crm (20 users), but cannot use zoho books until this basic functionality is available.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable packing slips - attention field, special instruction field

Invoice & Packing Slip - more customizable

(1) Attention Field - essential for billing and shipping products attention to the person who placed the order
    (2) Item & Description - not all items on an invoice can be shipped, ie design service, packing charge, etc, so best to make it modifiable on packing slip
    (3) Shipping Address - client might have multiple shipping location, it would be great if this field is modifiable or if we are allow to save multiple address under the same contact

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sales person commission on sale payment received

sales person commission on sale payment received
    1. commission % depends on item
    2. it will be payable on sales payment received
    3. commission % is different for each sales person depends on performance of sales person

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLEASE ALLOW PARTIAL PAYMENTS ON RETAINER INVOICES

PLEASE ALLOW THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY TO ALLOW FOR CUSTOMERS TO MAKE PARTIAL PAYMENTS TOWARD RETAINER INVOICES THE SAME AS THEY CAN FOR REGULAR INVOICES. WITHOUT THIS FUNCTIONALITY I AM SEVERELY HANDICAPPED AS MANY OF MY CLIENTS LIKE TO LOG IN AND MAKE PARTIAL PAYMENTS TO THEIR OPEN ORDERS ALONG THE WAY. SINCE IT'S ALREADY FUNCTIONAL FOR A REGULAR INVOICE I CANNOT SEE WHY WE CAN'T DO THIS FOR RETAINER INVOICES!!!!!

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sub "accounts payable", "accounts receivable"

My idea is that the system should allow you to create sub-accounts "accounts payable" and "accounts receivable".
    It will be very simple I noticed that the chart of accounts has some accounts as the default one system are "accounts receivable" and "accounts payable" I noticed that these accounts receive values ​​if I the customer to make a sale immediately credit the value credits accounts payable and debits the sale or merchandise.

if I have several sales to different customers still accumulates every value in accounts receivable, the more certain on the balance sheet have to show the customer's account that…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch payment of bills

Please include an option to record batch payments of bills, wherein the user can select multiple bills using a check box next to them, and give ‘Record Payment’. Also, an option to generate one single remittance notification email for all the bills payed at one time.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Expenses & Bills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sales by Customer Report to Identify the profit margins

Under Reports in Zoho Books-Sales by Customer, Currently it shows sales and sales with tax. We would like to have additional columns such as Income and Expense to identify the profit margins. As it shows a individual customer overview levels. This will help us identify profits from a particular customer and invoice.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reporting Tags needed in Manual Journals and Bulk Add Expenses

Reporting tags are a fantastic feature that can solve so many issues for Locations, Departments, Projects, etc. However, it is a real weakness that Reporting Tags cannot be assigned to Manual Journals or Bulk Add Expenses. I'm working around this by using Bills for some manual journals (eg, entering depreciation journal as a zero-sum bill) and entering expsnses singly rather than in bulk. But logically would be much better just to be able to add reporting tags to Manual Journals and Bulk Add Expense items. (Bulk Add Expense items also seem to lack tax coding.)

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Manual Journals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. give users the ability to print refund checks from credit memos and over payments under a customer

give users the ability to print refund checks from credit memos and over payments under a customer

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Expenses & Bills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a tax component to a purchase item.

Please add a tax component to a purchase item to enable the item to be allocated a tax rate so when it flows through to a purchase order then onto a bill it has the tax rate allocated.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calculation of multiple Commissions per Sales Line Item or per Invoice Total

Allow the possibility of allocation of a Salesman code per Sales Line Item , whole Order, Subscription and per customer/subscriber.
    - Calculation number one would be done for an individual Order or Line item according to the line item or order code. The Line Item Salesman would override any Order based Salesman.
    - A second calculation would be based on the Customer/Subscriber allowing for a second commission to be calculated for one order line.

Calculations would be accrued at invoicing time with payments being generated on receipt of payment.
    A matrix would define the calculation based on either Product Code…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pro Forma Invoice

Invoicing software that does not have a facility to generate pro forma invoices is not a proper invoicing software. Pro forma invoicing is a daily part of running a business and all business will one day or another need to issue a pro forma invoice to a non credit customers.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customer Statements

Currently you can only send customer statements by going into the customer account and selecting, as we have over 300 customers who we want to send a statement each month is there any development planned to allow customer statements to be sent as a batch, it takes us hours and hours to send them individually.

Can you set up a search range function where you can select a statement period, select debit or credit balances or both and then select or tick the customers who appear so the statements can all be sent.

Thanks

Jason

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Estimates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customizable Dashboard

Please make the dashboard customizable.
    I should be able to create a report, and be able to throw it on to the dashboard for me to see as soon as I enter Books.

The variable fields should be more easy to choose. E.g. Date Range, Year range.. Graphs that allow Year-on-Year / Month-to-month comparisons between multiple years

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. branches

Please add feature of multiple branches

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customize Dashboard...

It would be Great if we could remove or rearrange blocks. I would prefer to move the CashFlow chart down below a couple other rows or possibly turn it off.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Factura Mexico - Integration to issue invoices with official government procedure

Create an integration in order to be able to generate official invoices as Mexican Government requires CFDI

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Zoho Books

Feedback and Knowledge Base