Skip to content

Zoho Books

Welcome to our feedback forum!

If you have an idea for a new feature that you want to see in Zoho Books, then you've reached the right place.

Feel free to post your ideas, comments, or suggestions in this space.

While we cannot promise a timeframe for everything posted here, we'll definitely consider all your valuable suggestions and work on them based on their feasibility.

Before posting, please ensure the following:
  1. Search if your idea for a feature is already listed below. If yes, then vote for it by clicking the Vote button.
  2. If it’s a new idea, kindly post a detailed description of your suggestion or idea.

If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback on our status updates, please drop an email to support@zohobooks.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Projects in "ZOHO books" be synchronized with projects in "ZOHO Project"

When creating a project in ZOHO project it would create the same project in ZOHO books and be synchronised ever after, timelogging and all. And vice versa of course, when creating a project in ZOHO books, it would be created in ZOHO projects and so on.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enable addition of project field in invoices.

Add ability to pick a project on sales invoice and bills. Not just raise an invoice by going through timesheet mode.
    If you have a batch of expenses/bills to add, you have to keep chasing timesheet, project name, raise expense. This could be improved by the addition of a project field in the main invoice/bill templates.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

We now have the option to associate the Project to the Invoice/Bill line item.
    Invoice : Click on the three dotted icon at the end of the line item > Add additional information > Associate the project. 

Bills : Chose the customer detail on the Bill line item > Click on the pencil icon > Add the project

Regards,
    Zoho Books Team

3. I want a report that totals expenditure on a project

I can see how much money I have invoiced on a project but I can not see how much money has been spent. This is basic project budget tracking and should be a feature on the software.
    Not adding this will make me move my accounts elsewhere.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bill / Assign inventory to a project

Projects may also include costs of inventory items. these are consumed as the project goes along. Upon final conclusion of the project, they may be invoiced in an itemised manner or as a lump sum. Inventory quantities however must be reduced upon allocation of such to a project. Accounting, sales & taxes, should only be updated upon project Invoicing.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Associating normally created Invoices to projects

This feature will allow you to associate the Invoices that are normally created with projects. Please vote if you wish to see this feature in Zoho Books.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have the option to create invoices and associate the unbilled projects to these invoices.

While creating an invoice and selecting the customer, if the customer has unbilled projects you will find the option to select it in the item creation section of the invoice.

Please write to us if you have further questions.

Good day!

6. Adding attachments in Project (e.g. under Notes)

I would like to have the ability to add attachments in the project, for example under notes. Usually our customers have a written sigh-off for the hours spend on projects, we want to organize these written sign-offs in the project.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

We have the option to add attachments to the Projects. Go to the project > Click on the attachment icon on the top right > here you will be able to upload the files. 

Best regards, 

Zoho Books Team

7. Monday as starting day of Week

For some the work week starts on Monday. While reporting and entering timesheets and in projects, the week starts on Sunday and it is confusing.
    You should give admins an option change it to Monday.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

We have the option to set Monday as the Week start date. Navigate to Settings > Preferences > General > Set the first day of your work week > select Monday from the dropdown > Save

Regards,
    Zoho Books Team

8. Project allocation to ALL invoices - not just billable expenses

We need an option to allocate any invoice to a customer to a project, not just anything we've been billed. We don't get billed for everything we invoice!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The option to associate any invoice to a project is currently available. You can create an invoice and associate it to any project linked to that customer.

You can do this by clicking on the Ellipsis icon (…) at the line item level and selecting the project from the dropdown.

Hope this helps.

9. I SUGGEST TO INTRODUCE A PROJECT TAB ON DASHBOARD TO SHOW PERCENTAGE BILLING FOR EACH PROJECT

I SUGGEST TO INTRODUCE A PROJECT TAB ON DASHBOARD TO SHOW PERCENTAGE BILLING FOR EACH PROJECT
    Same should be available on Project detail under Project SnapShot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

The option to view the Billing percentage of each project in the Dashboard is available. Make sure that the option ‘Add to the watchlist on my dashboard’ is enabled in the project creation/edit page.

Regards, 

Zoho Books Team

10. Project - Purchases Tab

Inside the Project, on the Purchases Tab, it would be nice if the Purchase Order showed the name of the Vendor like it does for the Bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base